After hatchbacks, compact or mid-size sedans are the most sold stuff in the Indian automobile industry. Year 2011 has been twisting for the domestic auto industry due to adverse affects of hike in fuel prices and peaking auto-finance interest rates. With the arrival of New Year, the auto-groups are expecting to regain their strength with the launch of some enticing car models. We have brought an exclusive list of five exclusive mid-size sedans models that will land on the domestic shores by year 2012.
1) Chevrolet Sail – With the arrival of 2012, the General Motors subsidiary unit in India, Chevrolet Motors India is looking forward to bring in the compact sedan, Chevrolet Sail on the domestic shores. This amazing mid-size sedan has been developed to meet the requirements of the Indian sub-continent. Speculations are that the company would mate this stylish sedan with 1.4 liter petrol and 1.3 liter diesel engine options. As of now, the company has not unveiled pricing of Chevrolet Sail, but according to the automobile sources, the Sail would be slated in the price tag range of Rs. 5.70 lakhs – Rs. 7.5 lakhs. Chevrolet Sail has been developed by GM’s Chinese partner and is poised of Fiat engine. Chevrolet Sail will stand head to head with other leading compact sedans like Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire, Mahindra Verito, Tata Manza and Toyota Etios.
2) Maruti Swift Dzire 2012 (Facelifted) – After the successful era of Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire, the company has planned to introduce its facelifted variant by the beginning of 2012. From the point of price, the new facelifted Swift Dzire will be somewhat same as its current variants, but will have additional cosmetic changes that will make it more appealing and dynamically advanced. This year has not been a satisfactory one for the auto-grand, Maruti Suzuki due to its Manesar plant controversy, but with all the things set now, the company is planning to regain its strength with the launch of facelifted Swift Dzire by next year.
3) Tata Manza CS – Tata Motors stunned the Indian auto market by introducing the smallest efficient sedan, Tata Indigo in a nominal price range few years ago. Later on the Manza followed the sedan entity which has been one of the best selling products of the company. Now, the company is all set to introduce the all new Tata Manza CS which will be more efficient and will have upgraded outlook that current models of Manza. So far, the company has not announced the exact launch date of Tata Manza CS, but as per the automobile industry reports, the Manza CS will make its debut by the end of 2012. Moreover, Tata Manza CS is speculated to come in the price tag range of Rs. 5 lakhs to Rs. 6 lakhs.
4) Mahindra Verito 2012 – Mahindra & Mahindra introduced the refined variant of its earlier phased out, Mahindra Renault Logan. Named Mahindra Verito, this compact sedan has been applauded by the automobile critics due to its symmetric outfit, capacious interiors and standard features. To boost the sales of Mahindra Verito, the car maker, Mahindra & Mahindra is looking forward to introduce the facelifted variant of Verito by next year end. Expectations are that the company would slate its price around Rs. 5 lakhs to grab the maximum number of sedan buyers.
5) Ford Fiesta Automatic Transmission – This year, Ford India introduced the refined Ford Fiesta which has given it a strong edge to uplift its overall sales graph. Now, Ford Motors is looking forward to introduce an automatic transmission of Ford Fiesta which will make this sedan more comprehensive and more developed. This automatic version of Ford Fiesta is expected to be Rs. 50 thousand to Rs. 80 thousand expensive than its manual transmission variants. At present, the Fiesta Classic and new Fiesta are blessed with the 5 speed manual transmission, but next year the company wants to surprise the enthusiasts with the additional automatic transmission of new Fiesta.