The Hyundai Avante 2011 is an upcoming sedan that is claimed to be the segment leader in both style and performance. Carrying a completely new avatar as compare to its previous versions, the new Avante 2011 is expected to raise the bars in premium sedan segment. Not only its design is futuristic, but it also comes blessed with next generation technological features. In the words of Mr. Steve S. Yang who is President and CEO of Hyundai’s Global Business Division, the new Avante encompasses Hyundai’s latest ambitions, featuring the best styling and performance in its class and the company is confident that it will once again redefine the compact segment worldwide. After its launch in the Indian market, the new Korean sedan is certainly going to give its competitors a run for their money. The car would be locking horns with some of best selling cars of premium sedan segment that comprises of, Toyota Corolla Altis, Honda Civic, Mitsubishi Lancer, Chevrolet Cruze and Skoda Laura. It has been speculated that along with the petrol version, the company may roll-out a diesel version of Avante in India as well. The Avante 2011 model is expected to be shelved in the price bracket of Rs 9 to 11 lakh. Here is a detailed review in which we have tried to cover every aspect of the car.
1) Engine & Specification: – The Hyundai Avante model sports a 1.6L MPFI Gamma Gasoline GDi, 4-Cylinder engine that is capable of delivering a peak power of 138 bhp along with a peak torque of 167 Nm. The powerful engine of Avante 2011 comes mated with a 6-speed automatic transmission. However, the Indian version of the car is expected to carry a 5-speed manual transmission variant also. On the other hand, the probable diesel version of the car is expected to power 1582cc CRDi engine that will be capable of outpouring a maximum power of 115 bhp at with a peak torque of 260 Nm. The same 6-speed automatic transmission comes mated with the diesel version. The engine of this car works on a VVT (Variable Valve Timing) technology that ensures optimum fuel efficiency.
2) Exterior: – The exterior of Avante borrows most of its styling cues from its elder sibling Hyundai Sonata YF. Wearing a revolutionary fluidic sculpture design, Asante’s road presence is a treat to watch. The ‘brutal eyes’ sort of headlamps are really doing wonders for the overall front look of the car. The front grille of the car has been made highly expressive by protruding it outwards. Overall, the front of the car is one of the most sharp and aggressive as compared to its counterpart in any other latest car. The story of rear of this car is somewhat similar to the front. The tail lamps are in tune with the front portion of the car and have been designed with similar brutal eyes look.
3) Interior: – Hyundai is yet to disclose the interior designing of the car as so far only exterior of the car has been displayed. However, it has been speculated that Avante would come loaded with some unique features at interior that comprises of multi-information TFT LCD screen, ambient lighting, power windows, tinted glass, rear defogger, remote fuel filler, remote boot, electric driver seat adjustments, AC with climate control, remote central locking and heated rear seats. So far, only dash board side picture has been revealed by the company which looks somewhat similar to the dashboard of Hyundai Sonata model. As in any other Hyundai car, the quality of interior material will be of a higher level.
4) Safety:- The new Hyundai Avante 2011 model will come loaded with a range of both active and passive safety features that comprises of ABS (antilock braking system) with EBD (electroni8c brake-force distribution) and multiple airbags for both driver and passengers. In addition to this, fog lamps, parking sensor and ESP are also expected to find a place in higher variant of Avante. However, the company may shed a few features in the Indian version of the car to keep its price competitive.
5) Mileage: – The powerful engine of Avante incorporates highly sophisticated GDI and VVT technology that ensures at least 10 per cent higher fuel efficiency for the car. The petrol version of the car is expected to offer a mileage of 10 to 12 km/l on the Indian roads.
6) Dimension & Measurements: – The exterior dimensions of the car are as follows – height – 1490mm; Length – 4505mm; Width – 1775. The remaining dimensions and measurements of Hyundai Avante 2011 are yet to be disclosed by the company.
7) Performance: – The advanced 6-speed automatic gearbox of the Avante has the capability of doing wonders on Indian roads. It will not only fall helpful in easy shifting of gears but also help the car to zip through in heavy traffic conditions. The Avante 2011 would be a bit quicker from its predecessor and expected to break the speed barrier of 100 km/h in approximately 11 seconds. The pick-up and acceleration characteristic of the car are yet to be revealed by the company.
8 ) Price: – The New Hyundai Avante 2011 is expected to be launched in the price segment of Rs 9 to 11 lakh in the country.
- New Ford Fiesta VS Hyundai Verna RB – Comparison of Specifications, Features and Price (Expert Review)
- Volvo S60 – Price, Specifications & Features
- Maruti Swift 2011 V/S Maruti swift 2010 – Quick look at Specifications, Features and Price
- Rendering Hyundai i30 – Review, Price, Specification and Features
- Rendering Chevrolet Camaro 2011 – Price, Specification, Features & Performance