In past few months, the premium hatchback segment has become one of the most crowded segments in the Indian market. And as every single one of them comes equipped with an array of new generation features, choosing one among them has become a considerably difficult task. Both Maruti and General Motors are among the largest car makers in the Indian market and both of them are known for the quality and durability of their cars. But what gives the brand Maruti an upper hand over the brand Chevrolet is the perfect blend of its unmatchable after sale service and low maintenance of its car. The same goes true in the case of Maruti Swift and Chevrolet Aveo U-VA. Where the Swift model provides you with an option of choosing between petrol and diesel versions, the U-Va model comes in only petrol version. Besides maintenance, one more factor that makes the Swift much more preferable over Aveo U-Va is the considerably higher engine power of this car. Below is the comparison of these cars on some crucial points like mileage, cost and performance, which will certainly prove helpful in selecting one model among these as per your needs and requirements.
1) Engine Power: – As I have mentioned above the Maruti Swift carries a much more powerful 1.2 L, 1197 cc K series engine as against the 1.2 L, 1150 cc petrol engine of Aveo. Where the Swift’s engine is capable of generating maximum power of 85PS at 113 Nm torque, the Aveo U-Va is comparatively less powerful with top power of 76PS at the top torque of 110 Nm. Thus, because of high engine power, the acceleration and pick-up of Swift falls much better than that of U-Va.
2) Mileage: – Following the same path as the other Maruti cars, the petrol version of the Swift offers a class leading mileage of 13 to 17 km/l, which falls much higher against the Aveo’s 11 to 15 km/l.
3) Maintenance: – Maruti has a vast service network in the Indian market, because of which the after sale service of Maruti falls much better compared to any other car maker in the country. Though, General Motors has also increased its service network in the country considerably, but it falls much lesser than the same of Maruti. Same goes true with the overall maintenance cost of the vehicle.
4) Interior, exterior and features: -It is the only segment where Aveo model gives a tough fight to the Swift. Aveo is much more stylish from out-side and the quality of its interiors is much better than that of Maruti Swift. There is no major difference in the features of these models as both of these come equipped with an array of new generation features. The top model of Maruti Swift carries a range of new generation features including fog lamps, silver paint door garnish, black colored A & B pillars, 12V accessory socket in centre console, ac, power steering, dual SRS airbags, key with integrated remote control, seat belts with pretensioner etc. On the other hand, the of fully loaded Aveo U-Va are cosmetically much more fascinating with features such as chrome grille, steel wheels, body colored tail gate handle, 2.5 Mph front & rear bumpers, tachometer, fabric upholstery, rear defogger & wiper washer, leather gear knob, body colored outside mirror & door handles, 4 Spoke Leather steering wheel, driver side airbag, co-driver seat side pocket, remote key entry with burglar alarm etc.
5) Cost: – Both of the vehicles fall in almost similar price range of sub Rs 5 lakh. Where the Swift petrol version is available in the price range of Rs 4,05,341 to Rs 4,73,831, the Aveo U-Va falls in the price range of Rs 4,05,007 – Rs 5,03,350, (both prices are in ex-showroom Delhi). Thus, as far as price is concern, there is not much difference in the price both of these vehicles.
6) Performance: – Same as most of the previous factors, the Swift model proves much more powerful performer on the roads and leaves Aveo far behind. The Swift model takes only 13.8 seconds to reach the speed of 100 km/h, which is far better than the 15.8 seconds of the Aveo U-Va.
Overall, leaving the road presence and interior quality aside, the whole comparison is a one man show and that is Maruti Swift.
- Chevrolet Aveo U-VA – Choice of Youth (Expert Review)
- Chevrolet Aveo – Awesome Chevy (Expert Review)
- Maruti Swift 2011 V/S Maruti swift 2010 – Quick look at Specifications, Features and Price
- Maruti Swift Dzire 2010 VS Maruti Swift Dzire 2011 – Comparison of features, designs and price
- New Maruti Suzuki Swift VS Chevrolet Beat – Its time for diesel war (Expert Review)