The German auto major is hushing its proceedings for bringing in the Volkswagen Up! in the Indian auto market. Rush to launch the Up! is evident from reports of the hatchback being tested all around the country especially at company’s Chakan manufacturing unit near Pune.
Volkswagen Up! will be the cheapest car available in the Indian auto market and would be priced below the Polo in the sub five lakh mark. The prominent rivals of Up! will be the Maruti Suzuki vehicles which are admired for their reliability, great fuel efficiency and superb driving dynamics. So if Volkswagen wants to make Up! a hit they need to get all these things right and preferably better to eat the market share of existing rulers.
In the meantime company is working on building SUVs based on its Volkswagen Polo hatch and even the about to come Up! With a flurry of compact SUVs making their way in the Indian auto market and getting great response, Volkswagen’s approach seems to be heading in the right direction.
Volkswagen has kept the deadline for the completion of Sports Utility Vehicles (SUVs) by 2016. Other compact SUVs making news are Maruti Ertiga, Renault Duster and Ford’s upcoming EcoSport.
- Polo Hatchback and Vento Sedan- Volkswagen India’s Success Secret
- Maruti Gears-up To Develop Volkswagen Cars Amidst Osamu Suzuki’s India Visit
- Volkswagen No More Keen to Share the Developing Platform with Maruti Suzuki
- Volkswagen Keen to Expand Its Portfolio, Likely to Introduce Utility Vehicles
- Volkswagen to Design a Compact Sedan for Indian Market