The Indian subsidiary of Japan’s Toyota Motor Corp (TMC), Kirloskar Motor Private Limited is aiming to make an investment of around Rs. 780 crore at its manufacturing plant based in Bidadi, Karnataka.
According to senior minister in the state cabinet, Toyota is planning an investment at its facility and it has approached the Karnataka government to provide necessary approval for the same. The company has already made an investment of around Rs. 5,000 crore in India and after establishing two plants, the world leading auto giant is interested in setting up an engine manufacturing plant at Bidadi.
Minister for large and medium industries, government of Karnataka Murugesh R Nirani stated, “Toyota Kirloskar Motor desires to build an engine manufacturing plant at Bidadi and for the same it has approached the state government of Karnataka. The company has proposed to invest an additional Rs. 780 crore at its Bidadi plant. Also, Toyota has demanded 16 acres of land for the facility expansion.”
Earlier this year, Toyota shared its plans related to enhancing its production capacity in India. The automaker is keen to increase the output to 310,000 units by 2013 with around Rs. 898 crore of investment. As per plans, the first unit of Toyota India will roll out Innova and Fortuner while the second plant will manufacture Etios, Etios Liva and Corolla Altis.
- Tax Rebate Granted By Karnataka Govt to Toyota Kirloskar for Its Second Manufacturing Plant
- Ford to Invest Rs. 750 Crore in Its Chennai Unit to Produce Model EcoSport
- Ford to Invest $1 Billion for its Plant Next to Tata’s Nano Plant
- Toyota to Postpone Its Plant Opening After Calamity in Japan
- Toyota Kirloskar Auto Parts to Embed Its Third Unit in Bangalore