The home-grown auto major, Tata Motors is flying high with many great plans across the globe and this time largest car maker is exploring the Indonesian lands for crafting its Ace assembly plant. Now Indonesia is next big destination for the automaker to establish a facility for the success of light commercial vehicle – Ace.
The Managing Director (India Operations) of Tata Motors, Mr. P.M. Telang stated, “We are looking at Indonesia quite seriously which in several ways is a replica of the Indian market.”
When inquired whether the company is planning a full-fledged production at the new upcoming manufacturing venture, Mr. Telang remarked, “We need to take one step at a time as this is a process. Assembly is the first step. We do see local content ratio rising rapidly as ASEAN has good amount of component infrastructure. So we see good possibilities of growth in the market.”
As of now the company is planning to supply knocked down kits of Ace for the assembly in Indonesia and later followed by passenger cars. Tata Motor’s Ace model is the first vehicle that will be assembled in the south-east Asian country.
- Tata Motors Embeds Its Unit in Indonesia
- Tata Motors Secretly Plans Nano Production Facility Set Up In Indonesia
- Tata Plans to set up an Assembly Plant, Indonesia or Thailand might be Destinations.
- Tata Nano finds contractual route to enter Indonesia
- Tata Motors Keen to Assemble Nano at an Overseas Market