German luxury carmaker BMW has unleashed their much anticipated sixth generation 2012 BMW 3 Series today at an initial price of Rs 28.90 Lakh in the commercial capital, Mumbai. The marathon sports sedan had created a lot of buzz before its launch and the buzz was worth creating seeing its dynamic styling.
Taking the demand for diesel version in consideration, BMW has launched their new 3 Series in four diesel trims and a petrol one. Diesel variants are BMW 320d, BMW 320d Sports Line, BMW 320d Luxury Line and BMW 320d Luxury Plus whereas the only petrol version is BMW 328i Sports Line.
Now the technical specifications, petrol trim of 2012 BMW 3 Series is powered by TwinPower 4-cylinder motor which churns out top power of 248 PS and peak torque of 350 Nm and is also fuel efficient with company claimed mileage of 14.79 kmpl. Acceleration of the sports sedan is exceptional with the car covering the 0-100 kmph slot in mere 6.1 seconds with a speed limit of 250 kmph.
On the other hand, diesel trims of new BMW 3 Series are equipped with 4-cylinder twin turbo charged powermill that generates ultimate power of 187 PS and max torque of 380 Nm and this engine is also fuel efficient with sensational claimed mileage of 18.88 kmpl! BMW diesel 3 Series cars sprint from 0 to 100 kmph in just 7.6 seconds with top speed of 235 kmph. An 8-speed automatic transmission will be linked to both the engines.
- BMW India to Bring In the Sixth Generation 3 Series Sedan by Mid Next Week
- BMW 3 Series 2012 VS BMW 3 Series 2011 – What’s on the offering? (Expert Review)
- Next Generation BMW 3 Series Spotted Winter Testing
- BMW 3 Series 2012 – The Ultimate Sporting Luxury Unleashed (Expert Review)
- BMW 3 Series 2012 VS Audi A4 2012 – Rise of the luxury giants (Expert Review)