Maruti Swift Dzire 2011, the new generation model of this popular mid-size sedan that will be rolled-out in the Indian market in the second half of this year, is speculated to be shorter and cheaper from its existing model. The company is eying to reduce the length of this car to less than 4 meters so that the car can qualify for a lower excise duty segment.
The current model of Maruti Swift Dzire carries a length of 4.16 meters and attracts an excise duty of about 22 percent. By reducing its length to less than 4 meters, the company will be able to cut the applicable excise duty by more than half to 10%. This means, by reducing its length the company will be able to reduce its price by up to Rs 56,000, giving an extra price edge to the car in highly competitive entry level sedan segment.
The Maruti Swift Dzire is currently the largest selling starting range sedan in the Indian market and enjoys a waiting period of up to 3 months. A reduction in price will enable the car to compete more promptly with its newly entered competitors like Volkswagen Vento and Toyota Etios.
The Dzire model is currently available in both diesel and petrol versions and has been offered in the price bracket of Rs 4.88 lakh to Rs 7.07 lakh (Ex-showroom Delhi).
- Maruti Swift Dzire 2010 VS Maruti Swift Dzire 2011 – Comparison of features, designs and price
- Maruti Suzuki All-Set to Unveil Swift DZire Next Month
- The Old Maruti Swift DZire Is Now Available for Sale
- Maruti Suzuki Swift sedan to be unveiled in February next year
- New Swift Dzire 2012 – Yet another Trump Card from Maruti’s Stable