The Indian Auto Expo is approaching soon at Delhi in January and country’s auto behemoth Maruti Suzuki India is planning big this time as it is preparing to showcase a concept of its very own sport utility vehicle (SUV) in the show. The automaker is quite keen to look in a new direction by enrolling itself in the fastest growing SUV segment and also aiming to change its identity of being regarded as the creator of small cars.
According to a senior executive from the company, Maruti will showcase an SUV concept in January 2012 at Delhi Auto Expo.
He also remarked, “In the past few years, the SUV segment has confronted good growth and we want to have a presence there. But the plan will take some time, atleast two years for the model to be production-ready. Also, we are working out on features, specifications and engine details related to new concept.”
The figures mentioned by Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (Siam) states that from 2.5 million passenger cars sold in the country comprise of 7-8% of SUVs. Nowadays, not only major utility vehicle manufacturers are concentrating on introducing great SUVs for the people but even other auto majors are seeking to make an entry in the prosperous segment.
Senior Vice President, equity research at Fortune Equity Brokers (India) Ltd, Mr. Mahantesh Sabarad commented, “The SUV sector is bound to flourish to greater heights as income level grows. In coming times we will definitely see more and more increment in SUV segment.”
- At This 2012 Delhi Auto Expo, Maruti Suzuki to Exhibit Its Swift Sport and Swift Hybrid
- What Maruti Suzuki Has To Offer At the Upcoming Delhi Auto Expo 2012?
- Maruti Suzuki’s Mini Car to Be Exhibited At Delhi Auto Expo 2012
- Volkswagen Launches SUV Touraeg, Unveils 2012 Beetle and the XL1 Concept at 2012 Delhi Auto Expo
- What BMW India Will Exhibit in 2012 Delhi Auto Expo