Petrol prices are getting dearer and so is the demand for diesel cars and first on the list to hike up the prices of diesel cars is the nations most loved and leading automaker Maruti Suzuki India. The auto giant has raised the prices from Rs. 2,000 to Rs. 10,000, varying according to models and variants.
According to company official, the Japanese automobile manufacturer expressed that the company has increased the prices with an objective to compensate the impact of shooting yen along with rising input costs. Also the country is shifting its choices from petrol to diesel options as the petrol fuel prices are frequently confronting rise plus difference between both the fuels – diesel and petrol is broadening and now stands at Rs. 30.
Maruti Suzuki unveiled new Swift in August and since then the hatchback is hugely in demand with at least 100,000 units of booking, from which 85% bookings are for diesel version.
As Maruti Suzuki diesel cars will now boast new costlier price tags, the company has heightened the prices across all the diesel models from Swift and Ritz to SX4 and Dzire. Ritz diesel will attract Rs. 2000 more while other diesel versions are costlier by Rs. 10,000.
On the contrary the rival carmaker Hyundai is not keen to enhance the prices of its diesel range. Company’s official expressed that there is a pressure on the automaker because of the increasing input costs but the brand decided to stick to the current price range.
- With New Tax Enforcement, Diesel Cars Are Likely To Get Pricier By Rs. 2.55 Lakh
- Hyundai & Maruti Suzuki, Both Speedily Executing its Plans for Diesel Cars after Petrol Price Rise
- Maruti Suzuki Turns Its Focus on Rolling Out More Diesel Cars
- GM Opposes 5% Tax on Diesel Cars Instead Advocates to Make Diesel Fuel Pricier By Rupee 1
- Maruti Suzuki India Eyes on Diesel Cars, Wishes to Increase Market Share