The major utility vehicle manufacturer of India, Mahindra and Mahindra officially declared its plans to launch SsangYong sports utility vehicles (SUVs) in the country by mid 2012 after introducing the mighty SUV Mahindra ‘XUV 500’ in December 2011.
The Senior Vice President – marketing, automotive division of Mahindra and Mahindra, Mr. Vivek Nayer stated to newsmen, “We are planning to unveil the SsangYong SUV range by middle of next year after launching our ‘XUV 500’ in December this year.”
Mahindra and Mahindra Limited, the flagship company of Mahindra Group acquired South Korea’s SsangYong Motor Company in February 2011.
Mr. Nayer further commented that M&M is currently aiming to enhance the growth of its core models such as Scorpio, Bolero and Xylo while keeping a focus on other brand of vehicles as well such as sedan Verito and truck Maxximo.
The senior vice president also said that the company is experiencing good growth in the sedan segment with its wonderful solo product Verito. He commented, “Just a year ago, it was quite tough as we used to sell 300 units per month but after we took over the platform and brand from Renault, we experienced increment and success and now we stand at 1,710 units, so we have been able to grow in the sedan segment.”
- Mahindra to introduce SsangYong’s Rexton & Korando SUVs at the Auto Expo 2012
- Mahindra & Mahindra to Bring In SUVs with Ssangyong
- Mahindra & Mahindra Keen to Focus on SUVs Instead Of Rolling Out Ssangyong Car
- SsangYong SUVs to Come To India by the End of FY12
- Mahindra & Mahindra to Introduce New Electric Cars from SsangYong Portfolio