German luxury car maker, Audi wants to climb the ladder of success and that too, at a brisk rate. The Volkswagen subsidy is already enjoying a smooth sail in the Indian auto market with sales graph continuously moving up. Within no time the premium car manufacturer is posing a serious threat to the supremacy of Mercedes Benz in India and is speculated to snatch the number two spot in next couple of years.
Audi India has planned to unleash such models in the coming few years which are volume pullers and will assist the company to achieve the set target. Mr Michael Perschke, Head- Audi India says that the target to become number two is gettable in the next two years. He said that they look upon it as a challenge and are confident enough to achieve the apex position by 2015 in the luxury car segment. By 2012, they will be competing in a new segment with Q3 (compact SUV). Presently, Audi is the fastest growing unit under Volkswagen, he added.
In 2012, Audi will be launching Q3 which will be the lowest of the offering from the company and will be in direct competition with BMW X1. Noteworthy point is that, X1 has been a volume puller for the Beemer and Audi expects Q3 to do the same magic.
Perschke said that apart from displaying A3 etron, the company will also showcase hybrid cars at the Auto Expo. By the end of 2012, they aim to become the fastest growing luxury brand and he further said that they plan to sell 7,500 units at a 50 per cent growth rate.
- Audi Plans to Launch A8 L Security for the Indian Armored Auto Market
- Mercedes Benz’s New Action Plan to Conquer Indian Luxury Auto Market
- Audi Eyeing Number One Slot in Indian Luxury Car Market By 2015
- Indian Auto Market to Become More Promising This Festive Season: Maruti, M&M, Toyota and Mercedes
- BMW, Mercedes Benz and Audi Aiming To Widen Up Their Indian Network By 2012