Maruti Suzuki India’s best-selling premium car Swift is all ready to hit the domestic market next month after undergoing a complete makeover. All-new Swift has completely altered and will now ride with Maruti’s fuel efficient features and will come embedded with 1.2-litre petrol and 1.3-litre diesel variants.
As per sources, the new Swift will render amazing fuel efficiency and expected to be more spacious and lighter as compared to current generation Swift. Built on slightly longer and lighter platform, the 2011 Swift has shed significant overall weight by replacing the metal fuel tank with a plastic tank. And to engraft the plastic fuel tank in new Swift, Maruti has got associated with France based company Plastic Omnium, which is also regarded as world’s largest manufacturer of plastic fuel tanks.
Apart from being lighter in weight the cars’ fuel efficiency is also improved by 13%. Maruti Swift was launched six years ago in 2005 and this year the car will be graced with major facelift.
As per industry sources the petrol version of Swift will render a mileage of around 20 kmpl whereas the diesel option is expected to deliver about 23.8 kmpl. The new swift will be rolled out from Maruti’s Manesar plant in Haryana and up till now Maruti has not shared the pricing details of all-new Swift 2011.
- Maruti Swift 2011 V/S Maruti swift 2010 – Quick look at Specifications, Features and Price
- All New Swift 2011 to Be Revealed By Maruti Suzuki on August 17th 2011
- Increasing Demands for Fuel Efficient & CNG Cars as Fuel Prices Gets Dearer
- Production of ‘Maruti Swift’ Comes To Halt As New Version to Be Unveiled By September 2011
- A Very Brighter & Prettier Maruti Swift 2011 to Take Over New Competitors