Every car owner knows that how important it is to properly maintain the engine of a car. The car engine is needed to be serviced and maintained strictly as per the schedule. Irregular servicing can seriously damage not only the engine but also other systems of the car. Sometimes, neglecting even a small fault inside the car can cause serious damage to the engine system. Thus, giving a few hours to the maintenance of a car and taking it for the servicing as per schedule will not only keep the performance of the car up to the mark, but will also save you from heavy workshop bills. Here are few tips for keeping the performance of a car up to the mark.
1) In order to getting rid from the back-pressure in the exhaust system, a second exhaust valve can be used. Some auto experts also suggest using headers, free flowing mufflers and big tail pipes for the purpose.
2) For making the cooling system of a car more effective, an intercooler can be used. The intercooler is basically an advanced radiator that cools the compresses the compressed air before it enters for cooling. The cool air expands comparatively more when it enters into the cylinder.
3) Those, who give more preference to the power over the mileage of a car, can use a high compression ratio of engine. The higher compression ration enhances the production of the power in engine. However, using the high combustion ration can cause spontaneous bursting of air-fuel mixture into flame, even before the spark plug ignites it. Using high octane gasoline can solve this problem up to a certain extant.
4) The high power can also be achieved by increasing the engine cc (displacement). It can be achieved by increasing the number of cylinders in the engine. The more you increase the displacement, the more power engine starts producing.
5) Nowadays, there is a trend of using the turbochargers and / or superchargers for enhancing the power out put of the engine. These chargers pressurize the incoming air in order to cram more air into the engine.
6) Avoid overloading, as it not only affect the performance of engine but also cause an early wear and tear to a number of engine parts.
7) The engine power can also be increased by reducing the air resistance. The air intake or resistance caused at the time of intake stroke of the piston can be reduced by using twin intake valves in each cylinder.