Hot wiring is basically starting a car by tapping two wires of cars electrical system together, in case one has lost the keys of his car. The method is most commonly used by thieves or the criminals for stealing the car. You must have seen this type of seen in many movies in which male protagonist try to start the car haphazardly, by joining two wires fixed under the steering. However, hot wiring a car falls very handy in case the ignition system of the car has gone faulty or if someone has lost the keys of his car. Here are few tips to hot wire a car.
1) Before touching any wire, try your luck by taking the help of small screw driver for starting the car. It is advisable to keep an emergency tool kit which contains tools like small screw driver. Insert the screwdriver in the key hole as you insert the key. If you are fortunate enough, the car will get started, otherwise, hot wiring is the only option left.
2) Remember, the vehicle should be in neutral during this whole hotwiring exercise, otherwise you might end up having a serious injury or damaging the car badly.
3) Try to locate the wires fixed right under the steering wheel. There will be two wires which are responsible for starting the ignition system. Trying different color wire combinations will be of no help until unless you know what exactly the color code is for your car model.
4) It is strongly advised that one should not touch any of the wire with bare hands because the powerful electrical charge of these wires can electrocuted very badly. Thus, one shouldn’t touch any of the wire.
5) Now, care fully strip the insulated portion of top of both of the wires and touch them with each other lightly. Try the same for a few times until the ignition gets started. As soon as car’s ignition gets started, separate the wires again and accelerate the car lightly to keep the engine running.
6) Don’t forget to carefully place the wires carefully out of reach of your body and any metal component.