Buying a right used car is not an easy task and if you haven’t done your home work well before going to buy it, than the deal can prove a real waste of money for you. Thus, it is recommended to go through these steps in order to close a fair deal of a used car that worth every penny spent on it.
1) Take sufficient time for finding and researching on the options available in the market. Some times it can be up to 2 months, so start at least this much early from the time you have chosen for the purchase.
2) Set a budget limit. It will be the upper limit of the money you are going to spend on this whole process.
3) Along with the search for used car also start obtaining finance quotations from at least two to three sources, so that by the time you decide to buy a particular car, the financé will remain easily available.
4) Choose a type of car as per your requirements and preferences. It can be of any type among hatchback, a station wagon, an SUV or a premium sedan.
5) Choose the features you want in your prospective used car. It can be anything from an AC to a four wheel drive (4wd) or from power steering to airbags.
6) Now its time to test ride all of your chosen used cars. Drive two to three of the similar brand and model car from different sources. It will help you analyzing the performance of the car that is you are planning to buy.
7) Find out the value of the car in used car market by its manufacturing year and distance covered by it.
8 ) Ask for all the car registration and insurance related documents from the seller.
9) Get the cars you shortlisted thoroughly checked up by a skilled mechanic and ask him if there is any fault in any component of the car.
10) Bargain with the seller for the best price possible. If he is not ready to come down from hit previously quoted price than tell him about the other good deals you have an option. In most cases it falls effective in getting a fair deal.